Following the success of Season’s 1 McDan Incubator, the Top 10 Finalists have been placed with Mentors to provide regular checkins and support in the month leading up to the Finale.
Committed to supporting the 10 startups, the Mentors are some of our Incubator Facilitators and equally important, impartial and not part of the final decision making process that will determine the winner.
McDan Judge, Simon R Turner commented “As well as supporting the Mentors in the lead up to the Finale, we hope that the entrepreneurs – most who have not had a mentor or received mentorship in the past – will recognise their value and look to cementing Mentors well beyond the show.”
We’d like to thank the Mentors to continue to support Ghana’s future leaders and captains of industry.
The McDan Incubator, a training program developed to support the Top 20 Finalists of the McDan Entrepreneurship Challenge, was a huge success and it wouldn’t have been possible but for a fantastic team of Facilitators who came together, delivered broad, varied and substantive sessions that were impactful and from the heart.
Their support, commitment and community spirit is greatly appreciated by Dr Daniel, McKorley, The McDan Foundation, The McDan Group and TEN Ghana, and I’d like to take this opportunity to thank all the Facilitators who devoted their time to develop our fantastic Top 20, and give them a shout out.
Our Facilitators and their sessions included:
- The Fundamentals of Law that all Entrepreneurs Should Know – Korieh Duodu (Principle, Egality Law)
- Investment Readiness – OluDele Sonekan (Director of Investments, Growth Mosaic) and Abraham Mensah-Belley (Investment Manager, GroFin Ghana)
- How Entrepreneurs Should Relate to the Media – Bernard Avle (Director of News ProgrammingOmni Media Ltd (Citi 97.3 FM)
- Market Research and Competitor Analysis – Kwabena Agyekuym (Executive Director, Chartered Institute of Management, Ghana)
- Ideation to Implementation, and Business Model Innovation – Edison Gbenga (Founder/Lead: Codewit, Loudspeaker Digital & Bloop
- Human Centred Design – Emily Sheldon (Founder, African Health Innovation Centre)
- Leadership and Resilience – Mohit Pramanik (Management Partner, The Aspen Institute)
- Supply Chain Management – Julian Nii Lartey (General Manager, McDan Aviation)
- Running a Social Enterprise in Ghana; Product and Purpose Fit – Anna Robertson (Founder & Director, YEVU Clothing)
- Branding – Michael Newlove (CEO, Utterwave Media and Ceruba Inc)
- Personal Branding & Influence – Dzigbordi K Dosoo (Founder, Dzigbordi Consulting Group)
- People and Culture – Ebo Ferguson-Yankson (Learning & Development Expert, Aker Energy)
- Wellbeing and Mental Health for Entrepreneurs – Lucky Amy Bittor (Founder, PsychAid and Love Outreach)
- The Three Bottom Line Approach to Success – Crisler Ankrah (Director of Projects, McDan Group)
- How to Value Your Startup: The VC Method – Sammy Opoku (Consultant, Delegation of German Industry and Commerce in Ghana)
- Evaluating Your Business Idea – Percy Amoo-Yankey (Executive Director, IBS Consulting Allianceand McDan Judge)
Also thanks to those who dropped by to give the Entrepreneurs a pep talk and support, including:
- Santokh Singh (MD TV) and Emma Morrison (GM, JoyBrands) from The Multimedia Group, whose JoyNews channel was a launch partner for the show
- Leonora Appiah, the COO of The McDan Group and my fellow McDan Judge on the show.
- Yvette Atekpe, the Regional MD at Internet Solutions Ghana, and the current CIMG Marketing Woman of the Year
The Finale for TVs McDan Entrepreneurship Challenge is fast approaching but the work for the entrepreneurs is not yet over.
20-24 August, Simon Turner will lead some of Ghana’s best facilitators to take the Finalists through their paces during the Incubation week.
From intellectual property law to people and culture; from storytelling to supply chain management, the sessions this week are designed to build the capacity and polish the pitches of the Finalists.
Who will win $100,000 USD?
The Finale is coming soon.
The hustle is real!
We are excited to announce that membership registration for our StartUp Club is officially opened.
The Club is a platform for startups and investors to discover each other. Calling out all those hustlers, investors, entrepreneurs (current or future), dreamers, startup commentators and followers who are interested in creating innovative companies in the flourishing Ghana StartUp EcoSystem. It is the place for lectures, workshops, idea exchange, mingling and establishing new creative ventures.
Let us come together and join this revolution in funding transformation.
Come! Bring your friends and a lot of energy!!!
Together we are stronger!
Application opens on 10 June 2019.
This TEN Ghana members site is under test. Comments are welcome !